Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Motives

I walked into my adviser's office for my last advising meeting as an undergraduate and I sat down with the intension of just showing him the classes I was going to end up taking. He then asks me,

"What do you want to do with your Geography degree?"

I had to think about it, because I only planned to pursue Sociology. After sitting down with him he reminded me that Geography is connected to everything, and reminded me why I fell in love with Geography and decided to major in it in the first place. So we brainstormed, tossed around a few ideas, and ended with the Geography of Sports. He showed me an interaction map that was created on ArcGIS.com && I fell in love. This is what I want to do for my last semester of college, create maps about one thing near and dear to my heart; Sports.