Monday, April 2, 2012

Back from Spring Break

I hope everyone enjoyed their spring break. For the first time in four years, I actually got a spring break--I no longer run track so I got to leave for the whole week. And when I say I took the whole week off--I did!! Whenever I get the chance, I go home to visit my family; so that is where I went, instead of South Padre or Cabo. When I got home my parents and my little sister was just coming home from my sisters 4th official college visit. She is a senior in High school, and has been going through the process of finding out where she is going to continue her education, and start a new chapter in her life. She is a very good triple jumper (and even though I do not want to admit it, she is better than me) and many schools has expressed interest in her including LSU, Auburn, Stanford, University of Pittsburg, Kansas State, Indiana, University of New Mexico, TCU, a lot of places. She went to the schools, hung out with the team, but just was not ready to sign by the first high school signing date Feb 1, 2012.

So she waited, and when she came back from her visit (after she settled down from the surprise I gave her) she said that she wanted to sign with Missouri. She called the coach, they sent the papers, and now my baby sister is on a Full ride track scholarship to Mizzou.

In celebration of this, I decided to make a map of the schools she will be competing against next year, and some of the other schools in the SEC are ones that offered her track scholarships as well. (:

http://bit.ly/H9DMA1

No comments:

Post a Comment